Sunday, July 08, 2007

D'varim - Tissues

One thing that has always bothered me came up this past shabbos. A young fellow sat down next to me in shul and started to daven. {NO davening does not bother me}. After a couple of minutes I noticed that he had put a used tissue down on the table next to his siddur. Isn't that disgusting !! besides being rather unsanitary. If you use a tissue either put it straight in the garbage or in your pocket. No one else cares to see your used tissues . Then of course he got an aliyah and davened Musaf totally forgetting about his tissue. I didn't wait to see but I don't think he came back to get it. This is just a total lack of sensitivity to your fellow 'daveners' and is probably also a Bezayon to the Beis hakeneses . How would he like it if I came to his house and left dirty tissues on his dinning room table !!! This actually comes up in some yeshiva's I've been in . I have had the zchus to some times set up the tables for shabbos (putting on table clothes etc.) and you would be surprised about the number of dirty tissues people leave on the tables. It's a total disgrace to such a Makom Kadosh... We must have more sensitivity to our Mikdashei M'eat and to our fellow Jews!!!!!!!...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home